Tuesday, September 26, 2006

RECIPE: Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Spears

Asparagus Proscuitto


Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Spears

30 medium-thin asparagus stalks
4 ounces peppered Boursin cheese, softened
1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto

Trim the asparagus stalks so the spears are 5” long. In a deep skillet bring 1 ½” salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus until they are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. In a colander drain the asparagus and rinse under cold water. Drain the asparagus well on paper towels. In a bowl mash the Boursin with a fork until it is smooth. Or grill the asparagus.

Asparagus Proscuitto Set up

Cut 1 slice of prosciutto lengthwise into 1-inch strips and spread each strip with about ½ tsp Boursin. Wrap each strip in a spiral around an asparagus spear, trimming any excess. Make more hors d'oeuvres with the remaining prosciutto, Boursin, and asparagus spears in the same manner.

Asparagus Proscuitto (2)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

gabriella, i really love the Boursin cheese you've add to this classic hors d'oeuvres. these look soooo yummy:-)

Kalyn Denny said...

I agree, looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Sigh, everything looks so yummy.

G said...

So I brought this to a party and most people had never had proscuitto and were quite sceptical. They were converts right away.

I think Martha Stewart has a recipe where she adds honey mustard but it had too much stuff in it. too many flavors.

but I think hmustard would be good with just cream cheese.

Kalyn Denny said...

Hi Gabriella,
Just wanted to let you know I'm including this as one of my South Beach friendly recipes of the Week on my blog today. It includes your photo (with a photo credit for you, of course, and a link to your recipe. Looks fantastic!

G said...

Kalyn, That is fabulous! Thank you so much. ireally need to get back into weekend herb blogging. but I am starting a little business and I am taking the boys to parent participation school for a few hours a week and a million other things.

xo

Anonymous said...

I've eaten jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in prosciutto before. It was delicious! I will try your asparagus recipe! Thanks for sharing.

G said...

Wow. a Jalapeno? That sounds hot hot hot!

G said...

Wow. a Jalapeno? That sounds hot hot hot!

Anonymous said...

It's not so hot if you remove ALL the seeds and the white thing - I think you call it stems?

MeikkiBeibi said...

That's a great recepi, I think I'll give it a try.

I'm making a similar dish today, it's asparagus spreas seasoned with blackpepper, made into 4 piece bundles and wrapped with bacon, grilled and served with lemon-chive rise. :)

littletree said...

This would be perfect for Easter or a spring dinner party. Looks delish!

www.hiphostess.wordpress.com