Thursday, July 13, 2006

DAILY REPORT: Getting Ready for the Party - Thursday, July 13

I am madly but happily planning the boys' birthday party coming up on Sunday. I am soooo excited. Teletubbies EVERYWHERE!

As of today, there are 28 kids and 23 adults coming to the party. Yes, that is 51 people. And no, it is not in our tiny apartment. It is in a local park.


Yes, the theme is Teletubbies. I really don't let them watch much tv. But they get to watch that show from time to time and they are addicted to it. Xander is always jumping around the house saying something that sounds nothing like "teletubbies" it comes out more like "ugh gu bah". And as soon as I put it on they are beyond happy. Xander really likes to watch it sitting in my lap which is fun because we "talk" about the whole show. All the while, Timmy is bobbing up and down and squirming around right in front of the tv.

I am making Teletubby headbands for party hats. I have foam sticker crafts ready to go. I have almost finished making up the favor bags - a red bag to echo Tinky Winky's red bag. I have to finish up making little coloring books to put into them though.

Then there is the question of feeding all these people. Oigh. I am not decided on the menu for the adults. For the kids I am making turkey and cheese sandwiches and peanut butter sandwiches.

I also am making a cake. And it is the biggest cake I have ever made. Glenna of A Fridge Full of Food is helping me figure out what I am doing with this cake. She is a total sweetheart and I want to thank her so much.

I will update later...

ciao for now.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Wow..51 people. Have fun with that ;)

Hayley was born on Dec 21st so her bdays are going to be on the smaller side.

simplicity is fine said...

hi gabriella! we can't wait to see the party you put on. i'm sure it will be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see how the cake turns out! And you're doing great. I didn't do anything but help you to relax about this. I learned this in the catering business: bigger is only more stuff. You still do everything else the same. Good luck and let us know how you're coming along with it.
Oh and love the PBJ for the kids. If I were an adult there I'd be happy with that! It's a KIDS party!

Ruth Daniels said...

Wow 51 people!!!

I'm sure it will be a huge success. Just remember to breathe and to take lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sounds so exciting!! And if anyone knows cakes--it's Glenna. I think she made her first cake when she was 2. :)

G said...

Thanks everyone!!

Angel - you will just have to throw end of the school year parties for Hayley when she gets older.

Simp - WOOHOO!! You are bringing your husband right? I have been expecting whole families and Marikka was asking if her dh could come and I said "OF COURSE"

Glenna - YOU ROCK.

Ruth - I am unloading all these food blogging photos from my memory stick to make room for the party.

Sher - thank you for bringing Glenna to me!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Timmy and Xander, wow it is so hard to believe you will be 2 tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, I bet they are going to have a blast.

I wish we lived closer....to say hello.
Can't wait to see pics.

xox,Tabby

Deetsa said...

wow! You're a busy little pumpkin, aren't you! I've never tackled such a big party on my own. My hat's off to you!

Happy b-day to Timmy and Xander!

G said...

Pictures will be coming!