Sunday, July 23, 2006

EVENT: WHB#42 - Melon Balls with Fresh Mint


This week Kalyn's Kitchen Weekend Herb Blogging is being hosted by The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz

This week I made my Melon Balls with Fresh Mint

Cantaloupes, cucumis melo, a member of the Cucurbitaceae family, grow well in aerated soil that is well watered. True cantaloupes, cantaloupensis, are not actually grown in America. What we typically consider a cantaloupe are musk-scented melons with a netted rind. True cantaloupes are grown in Europe and are much more rough and bumpy. All cantaloupes are muskmelons but not all muskmelons are cantaloupes. Most of the cantaloupes, as we know them, are grown in California.

For more information on the Cantaloupe - Culinary Discovery - Cantaloupe

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cantaloupes and your recipe!

Paz

G said...

Thanks! and I love simple.

Kalyn Denny said...

Sounds really wonderful. Someone left a note in my comments recently saying to try lavender salt on cantelope.

G said...

hmmm. That is sounds interesting. I bet the salt draws out the sweet taste like it does when you bake things.

Anonymous said...

Sounds really yummy, I really must try some of these recipes. How do you ever find time to cook?

my tots are keeping me running every where.

G said...

well this is a quick cook. and they are getting used to cooking around me in the morning.