Friday, July 21, 2006

MOTHERHOOD: Baby Loves Disco



Well it is supposed to be a scorcher here this weekend so I wanted an air-condiditioned activity for the family and my friend suggested Baby Loves Disco. It is going to be at the Knitting Factory up in Hollywood. My husband was reluctant because he is not into dancing but I pouted and got my way. I hope it will be fun. I am sure it will be fun. Xander loves to bop up and down and wave his arms around to the music and Timmy laughs hysterically when I dance. Anyone would laugh actually.

This is from the Baby Loves Disco Website:

"All across the country, Baby Loves Disco is slowly but surely transforming the hippest night clubs into child proof discos as toddlers, pre-schoolers and parents looking for a break from the routine playground circuit let loose for some post naptime, pre-dinner fun. Make no mistake, this is NOT the Mickey Mouse club, and Barney is Banned. Baby loves disco is an afternoon dance party featuring real music spun and mixed by real djs blending classic disco tunes From the 70s, & 80s guaranteed to get those little booties moving and grooving. The fun spills out from all corners of the club: bubble machines, baskets of instruments, a chill-out room (with tents, books and puzzles), diaper changing stations, a full spread of healthy snacks (provided by Whole Foods) and dancing, LOTS of dancing. But at it’s core, Baby loves disco is a community event that brings kids together with kids and parents together with parents."

No comments: