Monday, July 03, 2006

EVENT: Weekend Herb Blogging - WHB#40 - Welcome to My Home Next Weekend

Welcome to My Home

This coming weekend I have the pleasure to host Weekend Herb Blogging #40 for the very lovely Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen.

Before I even knew much about the food blog world I started participating in Weekend Herb Blogging and around that time Kalyn thought she might enjoy having guests hosts for her weekly event. I immediately emailed asking if I could be on the list to host and Kalyn was so gracious to ask me just a couple of months later.

To me, Weekend Herb Blogging is such an all inclusive way to share recipes with fellow food bloggers. Because this event is so open ended your recipe can be as simple or as complex as you feel inspired to create. This is one of the main reasons I am able to join in every weekend because I can pretty much share whatever I choose to make that weekend. And since I love herbs so very much, I love going through the recaps and reading blogs I may not have seen ever or recently, see what people across this big world of ours are cooking, and of course to tempt my tastebuds with new recipes. So please join in on the fun and share an herby dish.

I really can't imagine cooking very many dishes without using herbs. Yes, I do use a lot of spices too but I am pretty sure I use more herbs than spices. I have a feeling I use more dried herbs than fresh herbs. I also use dried and fresh in the same recipe at times. Fresh herbs are the perfect element to add to the dish that has been slow cooked at the last minute as they really freshen up the taste wonderfully.

So please send me a link to your recipe by midafternoon next Sunday at (MSGABRIELLATRUE AT aol.com) and be sure to include a link to My Life as a Reluctant Housewife with the words Weekend Herb Blogging somewhere in the post.

Thank you Kalyn and enjoy your trip to San Francisco.

4 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

Mary, Jacque and I are quite the team, so you can be sure we will have a great time in San Francisco. Thanks again for hosting!

Ruth Daniels said...

Yes - thanks for hosting the next WHB. I love this weekly event and usually start thinking about what I'll write NEXT week before I even submit this one!

I realized that there probably isn't a meal (other than breakfast) that I don't use some herb or other. But I've been working on a citrus herb rub recipe I found in a fabulous cookbook called Simply Ming and I think that's the one I'll write up.

See you on the web and thanks for hosting.

G said...

Always Welcome!

G said...

Ruth - Well do you eat sausage for breakfast ever? Sage is in that usually. and a little it bit of crumbled thyme is excellent in eggs.