Saturday, May 20, 2006

DAILY REPORT: Saturday, May 20

Migraine. But luckily not a long one.

I just went through a pile of Food & Wine magazines from various months from the past year. I have not taken two hours to pour through glossy mags in ages which is probably why I had so many in my magazine basket by bed. I tore out a few pages but not that many. I am realistic enough to know that I probably won't get around to trying more than 2 of them in the next year. I used to have stacks and stacks of tear sheets of recipes with a gazillion steps or filled with expensive ingredients. Now, I feel like a creative genius when I make up my own sauce for store bought pasta. But now that I have begun this blog, I have been able to set aside some time and energy to start really cooking again and I am very glad I have. My husband is really glad.

I have to check out the weather channel and see if it really is going to rain tomorrow because I really want to pack up the family and head up to Oxnard to the Strawberry Festival. I have never been to it but I love to go to festivals like that even if it is a bit of a drive. So cross your fingers. Well I just checked and it is going to rain. Pfft Pfft Pfft.

Reluctant Housewife Daily Reports

No comments: