Saturday, May 20, 2006

EVENT: Sugar High Friday #19 - Ginger

Ginger
Minced Crystalized Ginger


Once Upon A Feast is hosting this Month's Sugar High Friday which was started by The Domestic Goddess. Really it is just an excuse to make and eat something sweet that fits in that month's theme. And this month we are very lucky to make a Ginger Desert! I happen to be somewhat of a Ginger addict and put it in so much of my food, sweet or savory. So, my only real problem was deciding what dessert to make.

My Ginger Dessert comes in three parts. Chunky Applesauce , Ginger Crème Anglaise which I combine to make Apple Dumpling Toast Pockets with Ginger Creme Anglaise.

The Apple Dumpling Toast Pockets with Ginger Creme Anglaise are basically cheater Apple Charlottes. I love making Apple Charlottes becuase I am really not a great baker and with a Charlotte I just use bread or lady fingers. But for a quick fix, I found that I can use my sandwich makers to make a dessert that resembles a grilled cheese except replacing cheese for apples.

I know there are a lot of steps to make this entire recipe but they are all really easy steps. Actually, Creme Anglaise is not always considered that easy because people rush, cook it too fast and it curdles but if you give it time it is easy. And then using my handy dandy Sandwich Maker from Krups they are super easy to assemble. But, if you just want a simple Chunky Apple Sauce recipe then try this one becuase I love it. Or, if you make someother dessert and want a sauce or just want to serve jup some berries in a bowl but top them off with something a little more decadent than whip cream then make the Ginger Crème Anglaise. Basically, I made two dishes/recipes with Ginger and then combined them to make one fabulous one.

Blog Food Events, Reluctant Housewife Recipes


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

3 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

Gabriella, great entry! Thanks for participating.

All that ginger! Each element sounds great. Personally I'm starting with the creme anglaise and just smothering some fresh sweet strawberries with it!

G said...

You are so welcome! Thank you for the opportunity to indulge and go a bit overboard.

Creme Anglaise and Strawberries-Perfect. We are at the start of the season for them so it is even better!

G said...

You are so welcome! Thank you for the opportunity to indulge and go a bit overboard.

Creme Anglaise and Strawberries-Perfect. We are at the start of the season for them so it is even better!