Saturday, May 27, 2006

EVENT: VRC - Food on a Stick - May 31



Tummy Treasure is hosting this month's Virtual Recipe Club for The Savory Notebook and this month the theme is Food On a Stick.

Kebabs. Not the most imaginary food on a stick. But, I love them. They are easy to prepare because you can use any meat or vegetable and use a dozen or more spices or marinades to flavor them. Oh, and one of the most important components is that they cook really quickly. And, I cook them all the time. Lamb Kebabs with the Three C's is my newest favorite, if you have not heard.

But, I just made these tonight so I thought I would add them too. Steak Kebabs with Pineapple Marinade.

Enjoy!

Blog Food Events
Reluctant Housewife Recipes

Tecnhorati Tags: , , ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi gabriella! thanks for visiting my blog, and thanks to you I'll be entering the VCR as well!

G said...

That is great! I look forward to seeing what you are cooking up!

Anonymous said...

In Something About Mary, the title character says there should more foods on a stick. And why not? It's fun. And in your case--delicious!

G said...

oh my god! I remember that now. That is so funny. I will never forget the first time I saw that movie. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pull a muscle.

Kalyn Denny said...

I love the sound of this. Thanks for the reminder about VRC too. I was planning to do it and I can see I need to get working on it.

G said...

I love cinnamon on meat now.

Go get cooking. Chicken kebabs in an herb marinade.

OR>.. get a thick stalk of rosemary and use that as the skewar for some veggies or shrimp.

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»