Sunday, May 28, 2006

RECIPE: Berry Smoothies


Berry Smoothies

2 cups Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
1 cup soy milk or milk
2 teaspoons lavender honey
3 bananas
Garnish with mint

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Process until smooth.

Tip: It is really refreshing to used frozen berries and bananas. If you have bananas and/or berries that are starting to get a little old, simply place them in Ziploc bags and freeze. This way there will be no waste and they will already be frozen.

Reluctant Housewife Recipes
Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lavender honey! Wow! I've never had that and should start looking for some. I can imagine how well it goes with the berries. There must be a perfect melding of flavours.

G said...

Hi Karen!

My Sister in Law sells it on her site.

http://www.splendidpalate.com/Honey_French_lavender_s/34.htm

She has lots of other honey too but you can find the other places too I am a honey addict.
thanks so much for visiting

Pavani said...

Smoothie looks really healthy and delicious. Nice picture.
I heard about freezing bananas, but never tried. Do I have to peel them before freezing??

G said...

YES!! Definitely peel before. I break them up into chunks too bc it is easier on the blender.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»