Wednesday, May 17, 2006

MOTHERHOOD: Peter Potty


Peter Potty has come out with the only flushable toddler urinal. It can be placed on the flor or wall mounted. It does not require plumbing. It eliminates the need for a step stool. It won an IParenting Media Award. The manufacturer's study says it helps potty train boys up to 6 months faster because it is easier for them to stand then get up on a seat and pull their pants down.

I know I have not gone through potty training yet with my boys butI am sure I will not be buying this. I am going to avoid buying a potty seat too. We have a tiny bathroom and have no room for extra stuff. Plus, I am in no mood to clean these things all the time. Ick. I am just going to try out one of those little attachments that go directly on the regular toilet. I am not surprised that this product has come to market and actually am surprised that this is the first one. Potty training is so hard and stressful on both parent and child and parents are always looking for some way to make it easier. So if it works for someone, then that is great. So, if you have an opinion, I would love to hear it.

No comments: