Saturday, May 20, 2006

RECIPE: Apple Dumpling Toast Pockets with Ginger Crème Anglaise

Apple Charlotte Mini Toasts

Apple Dumpling Toast Pockets with Ginger Crème Anglaise
These are like mini Apple Charlottes. Cheater version Apple Charlottes. The Crème Anglaise is totally optional but I love it. You do need one of those little electric sandwich makers because I have no idea how else to seal the edges. Of course you can always envelope the applesauce in puff pastry and bake them.
Serves 4

Chunky Applesauce
Butter, softened
8 Slices of White Bread
Ginger Crème Anglaise

Make sure the applesauce is really chunky and not like runny applesauce you buy in the bottle at the grocery store.

Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on sandwich maker. Scoop some of the Chunky Applesauce onto slice. Top with another slice of bread with butter facing up. Cook/toast as per your sandwich maker. Place toasted apple pockets on individual plates. Serve with Ginger Crème Anglaise.

My Ginger Dessert comes in three parts. Chunky Applesauce , Ginger Crème Anglaise which I combine to make Apple Dumpling Toast Pockets with Ginger Creme Anglaise.


Blog Food Events, Reluctant Housewife Recipes

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

3 comments:

Peter Matthes said...

Those Apple Charlottes really look yummy Gabriella. I should be going to sleep right now, but your blog has made me hungry.

Ruth Daniels said...

Gabriella - all I can say is OH...MY...G-D!!!!!

G said...

They are a bit OH My God. Totally rich but so worth it. That of course is in my opinion. MY husband thought he had the best reluctant housewife ever. He came home today and asked if I had more.