Thursday, June 15, 2006

EVENT: Paper Chef #18 - Results and I Won!

Veal Scallopini with Arugual Salad


Hee Hee. I won Paper Chef # 18 with my Veal Scallopini with Egg Noodles and Arugula Salad and Strawberry Vinaigrette. Thank you so much to our host Kevin of Seriously Good and our judge Haalo of Cook Anything Almost Once!

There were not that many entries but they were good ones. I am surprised that Bron's Beef Scallopini with Rocket Risotto did not win because it makes me hungry just looking at the pictures. And of course I am so glad Haalo's Rocket and Goat Cheese Stuffed Veal Rolls was technically in the running since she won last month because I would like to eat that too. Then John at My Home Kitchen made Saltimbocca! And last but certainly not least the Noodle Cook at My Home Kitchen made Salt cured veal, duck egg noodle (with rocket) and caramelised daikon slices, served with gingered berry sauce.

If you have not done a Paper Chef in the past or it has been a while, you should really do it next month. Maybe you won't create a masterpiece or a recipe that will be a permanent fixture in your repetoire but who cares. This is for fun. Let yourself be free to expirement with a really odd mixture of randomly chosen ingredients. I got lucky this month and plan on making this dish again. We all really loved it. So next month the ingredient list will go up on Friday, June 30 but you will have loads of time because the entries will not be due until Friday, July 7.

3 comments:

Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Congrats. Your entry looks yummy and I like the idea of slicing off the outer layer of the berries to get rid of the pesky seeds, gonna try that.

G said...

Thanks!

Yes, do try cutting off the seeds. What you lose in berry is well worth what you gain in time and effort expended.

G said...

Hi Bron! Thanks for stopping by. I have not been able to make the rounds to all the blogs I like in a bit so I am so glad you checked in!