Monday, June 05, 2006

EVENT: Paper Chef #18 - Veal Scallopini with Egg Noodles and Arugula Salad and Strawberry Vinaigrette

Veal Scallopini with Arugual Salad

Well it would not be Paper Chef if there was not a lot to think about. Kevin of Seriously Good who hosts Paper Chef#18 has determined by very scientific methods that our ingredients will be: Veal Scallopini, Simple Syrup, Rocket-Arugula, and last but not least Strawberries. I had to think hard for a while to see if I was going to drop out of this for fear that I could only come up with something quite gross. But, I think that this is actually pretty good.

I made Veal Scallopine on top of Paparadelle Buttered Egg Noodles with Arugula Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette. It was completely delicious. I would make it again.

To put the whole dish together. On half of the plate, make a small pile of the Egg Noodles. Place the Veal on top and spoon some of the veal sauce on top. Sprinkle a few chives on top and a fanned out strawberry on top. Place the Rocket Arugula Salad with the Strawberry Vinaigrette on the other side of the noodles and veal. Serve immediately.

Blog Food Events, Reluctant Housewife Recipes
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You genius!! It loks wonderful. And I am a huge fan of those papardelle noodles

G said...

Oh yes, that is me. Genius.

Actually, the noodles were totally delicious. That was the best sauce I have ever made. I want more now!

And I have never been one for sweeter vinaigrettes but I actually loved this. It really helped to cut off the seeds before blending. I just was not going to sieve the vinaigrette because that is such a pain and this was so easy!

Kevin said...

Gabriella,
It sure looks good!

Lady Amalthea said...

What a great combination! I opted out of participating because of the ingredients. I'm glad you weren't scared away!

G said...

Thanks Kevin!

Lady - I was glad I had the whole weekend to figure it out. I was just lucky there was arugula in the list otherwise I am not sure what I would have done.

G said...

Hi Bron! Thanks a lot. I love your blog!

Alanna Kellogg said...

VERY nice!

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»