Monday, June 05, 2006

RECIPE: Paparadelle Egg Noodles with Lemon Butter and Chive Sauce

Papardelle

Paparadelle Egg Noodles with Lemon Butter and Chive Sauce
Serves 4 as a side dish

8 oz. Egg Noodles
1/4 stick butter
1/4 cup Manchego cheese, grated
zest of 1 lemon, grated
3 tablespoons chives, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Cook egg noodles as per packages instructions. In a small saucepan, melt butter and add parmesan, lemon zest, chives. Pour over noodles and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

Blog Food Events, Reluctant Housewife Recipes
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWW! This sauce sounds delicious on pappardelle, many thanks for the great idea! I always made it with risotto or spaghetti, but never on pappardelle, thanks a lot again. Ciao from Rome - Italy :-)

G said...

Guilio. Risotto. That sounds delicious. So do you use Parmesan instead of the Manchego?

Gattina Cheung said...

your sauce is divine!!!
I don't eat much meat... but would like to try it with paparadelle egg noodles! I believe is a good one!

Anonymous said...

This is nice since I am a great fan of pasta. I can use this sauce one of these days.

G said...

Gattina and Charles. You will love it. Really Butter and Lemon and Chives and Cheese? What is not to love? But honestly I think these lovely egg noodles are a great combo with these flavors. And it is super easy which is always a plus in my book.

Kalyn Denny said...

I was going to write exactly what you wrote in the comment above. Lemon, butter, chives and cheese. What a combination!

Ruth Daniels said...

And how did you know it's exactly what I've been craving - you must be psychic!!!

Thanks for sharing.

G said...

Kalyn, great minds think a like.

Ruth - yes, I am pyschic. Except for the fact that every one is always craving butter and carbs. So I don't think I could make a career out of my pyschic abilities just yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this recipe tonight... though I don't have Manchego, so I'll just use plain old parmesan.

Thank you.

(ps. No kids, not technically married, but I get what you mean by reluctant housewife. A hill is to climb, a man is to look after.)

G said...

oh goodie. Yes, it is very good with parmesan too. Enjoy.

And you are too funny.