Saturday, June 17, 2006

RECIPE: Orzo Pasta Salad with Mint Pesto

Orzo Salad

Orzo Pasta Salad with Mint Pesto
Makes 8 cups

1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper

6 cups cooked orzo pasta
2 cups English Cucumber, peeled and sliced
2 cups grilled cherry tomatoes, seeded
1/3 cup yellow raisins
10 thin slices of grilled onions
3 tablespoons mint pesto

Press garlic into a salad bowl. Add mustard and vinegar and stir to combine. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and whisk constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Onion Kebabs Cooked

Add cooked orzo, cucumbers and raisins into the bowl. Stir to combine. Then add the mint pesto and combine again.

Note: if you don’t want to make up the Mint Pesto then just chiffonade some mint leaves and toss into the salad.

Blog Food Events, Reluctant Housewife Recipes
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I like the sound of this. I haven't made pesto with mint, but I love fresh mint in so many things, so I'm guessing I would like it!

G said...

I was trying to do this whole thing with hand minced meat. It was a disaster. I am going to try something else soon.