Sunday, June 25, 2006

RECIPE: Tomato and Mozzarella with Basil Sandwich

Sandwich Tomato Mozzarella

Tomato and Mozzarella with Basil Sandwich
Serves 4

4 rolls
1 Mozzarella Cheese
2 tomatoes
8 Basil Leaves
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Slice the rolls in half. Toast in the oven. Meanwhile, slice the cheese and tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lay out 4 sheets of tinfoil. As soon as the rolls are toasted take them out of the oven, turn off the oven and quickly build the sandwiches. Drizzle the vinegar on both sides of the rolls and layer on the cheese, tomatoes and basil. Wrap in foil and place them back in the oven. They will melt slightly. Not completely but they will be slightly oozy and completely delicious. These are great sandwiches to take to the beach because in the heat of the sun the cheese will remain oozy. They are so good.

Portuguese Rolls are perfect but a nice buttery one will work well too.


Blog Food Events, Reluctant Housewife Recipes
Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could eat tomato mozzarella sandwiches 3 meals a day.

G said...

I could have one once a day. I now remember eating a cold one on a hard roll just about eeryday when I was working in nyc years ago. I am trying to remember the name of the place I would get it. I bet it is still there bc it was so established and so good. 5th ave and 19/20th streets.